February 13, 2012

Local food for all seasons

If you haven't guessed already I like infographics. Colorful pictures that convey facts seems to be a good way to learn things and maybe even remember them.  Recently I found such a graphic that compared what types of locally grown food are available in different parts of the country.  Connecticut was chosen in their graphic to represent New England, so I created a graphic showing what is locally available in New Hampshire. 


The graphics are from a collaboration between good.is and Whole Foods.  I found what is locally available in New Hampshire through seacoasteatlocal.org.  There are a limited number of fruits and vegetables represented.  Some important produce I think should be included are: squashes, garlic, cooking greens, radishes, beans, and melons.

No comments:

Post a Comment