April 2, 2012

Monday infographic: A rainbow of possibilities

About this time of year my taste buds get antsy.  Although it is technically spring I am craving summertime fruits and vegetables.  I'm tired of potatoes, squashes and onions!  

Thankfully we don't live in the olden days and have access to nearly any kind of food you could possibly want, any time of year.  I don't promote eating fresh tomatoes during the winter (insert berries, stone fruits, melons etc as well).  There are lots of fresh, springtime tasting vegetables available right now that will get me by until it is warmer.


http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/oct/07/seasonal.food.chart

The above infographic  is from England, so you might have a hard time finding fresh hogget, purple sprouting broccoli or elderflowers this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment